top of page
Image by Chris Brignola


  • Divorce

  • Child Support

  • Spousal Support

  • Pre-Nuptial Agreement

  • Property Division

  • Domestic Violence/Restraining Order

  • Child Custody

  • Post-Judgement Modification


  • Who gets to keep the house in a divorce? 
    Factors a court may consider in deciding who will keep the marital home include who will have physical custody of any children, and whether separate or community funds comprise any equity in the home.

  • What if my ex-spouse is refusing to pay child support? 
    If your co-parent won’t pay child support, it is important to document each instance of non-compliance, and if you cannot resolve the issue on your own, you can seek enforcement or contempt in court.

  • Can I adopt the child of one of my relatives? 
    Family members are often given preference over non-family members wishing to adopt a child, with stepparents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles commonly serving as adoptive parents in this situation.

  • How do I change the amount of alimony ordered in my divorce settlement? 
    If you can demonstrate a significant change in your circumstances, you may be able to temporarily or permanently change the amount of alimony or spousal support you are either paying or receiving.

  • Can my ex move to another state with my kids? 
    Depending on your state’s law, your spouse may need to either give you the opportunity to contest the move, or go through a formal petition process in court before they are allowed to move the kids.


    Popular Topics

  • Alimony / Spousal Support 
    Depending on the law of your state and your circumstances, alimony or spousal support may be awarded in a divorce, and can be either temporary or permanent, though the latter is becoming less common.

  • Paternity 
    Establishing a legal relationship between a father and child through voluntary acknowledgement, genetic testing, or other means may entitle the child to financial support and the father to visitation.

  • Collaborative Divorce 
    For couples wishing for a less contentious marriage dissolution process, collaborative divorce offers a cooperative means of reaching final agreements regarding things like finances and child custody.

  • Parenting Agreements 
    After a marriage ends, co-parents often work to reach agreements regarding where the children will live, visitation schedules, and who will make decisions about things like education and medical care.

  • Restraining Orders 
    Victims of abuse, stalking, or harassment by current or former family members can seek temporary or permanent court orders reducing or eliminating all contact between the perpetrator and the victim.

Your use of this website does not establish an attorney-client relationship between you and our attorneys or with Arlington Law Office.

The information and materials contained on this website are provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. While the information contained on this website is believed to be accurate, it is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up-to-date and you should not act or rely upon any information or materials on this website without seeking the advice of an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.

By visiting to this website you agree to the Copyright, Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Attorney Advertising. This website is designed for general information only. This is an advertising platform.

bottom of page